If you’re feeling more adventures today, here comes the new recipe for kefir muffins. It’s easy to tweak to your own taste, or just follow the instructions.
Shopping list (quantity is for 12 muffins):
12 ½ ounces cake flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
heavy pinch salt
1 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk Kefir
1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
Steps to follow:
1. Start with preheating your oven to 380 degrees F. I find it crucial to get the temperature right. Ovens vary, so keep an eye on your muffins while baking.
2. Grab the large bowl, and sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk: sugar, egg, oil and our secret ingredient – Kefir.
4. Add the dry ingredients – but keep 1 tablespoon of it to toss with the blueberries.
5. Stir mixture 10 times. Add 1 cup blueberries to mixture and stir 3 more times. Keep the ½ cup of blueberries for later.
6. Add the mixture to greased muffin pans and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of berries on top of muffins – you can press them down lightly.
7. Now, place the tray in the oven and put the temp to 400 degrees. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool the muffins.