Fast Food with Kefir? Strange but how about pizza dough made with kefir!
2 C. wholemeal spelt flour (or sprouted grain flour)
3/4 C. dairy milk kefir
a pinch of salt
plus: pizza toppings of your choice
1. Add the flour, kefir and salt to a bowl. Knead it form a dough.
2. Once the dough springy and doughy, add it to a bowl and place a tea towel over the bowl.
3. Leave to ferment for a few hours (I did around ~5 hours) in a warm spot (I left it near a sunny window).
4. When you’re ready to cook, break the dough into 2 or 3 pieces. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
5. Roll each piece into pizza shapes on a lightly floured surface.
6. Put the pizza dough on a lightly floured tray, and roll out dough until it forms a pizza-shape. Because of the density of wholemeal flour I like to roll out the dough quite thinly to form the pizza base.
7. Add the toppings to your pizza base and then cook in an oven at about 200 degrees C (or in hot a wood-fired oven) until it is cooked to how you like it.