Milk kefir soup with pumpkin and sweet potato. This one will be a little bit sweet and a little bit creamy creamy. The nutmeg works well whit this soup and complement the onion and garlic. Pumpkin and sweet potato should give this kefir soup rich taste.
You will need:
2 cups of milk kefir
1 baking pumpkin (baked)
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
4 cups broth
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
½ teaspoon of nutmeg
2 tablespoons of honey
4 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook slowly: onion, celery, and garlic in butter until all of your vegetables are soft.
- Mix your vegetables with spices (now you can add a bit of honey and salt for taste).
- Remember that the broth should almost cover the vegetables. Add water as needed.
- Now cook 30 to 45 minutes or until all vegetables are very tender.
- Remove from heat and mash soup up with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached. User blender if you like technology 😉
- Chill your pot 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir everything with milk kefir.