Inspired by my last visit to Jamaica where I tasted the best Banana Bread I’ve had, I thought why not Kefir Banana Bread? If you think it’s a great idea too, why not try this recipe:
You will need:
½ cup milk kefir
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 and 1/3 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter, soft
1 and 1/3 cup mashed bananas
¾ cup chopped nuts
Tip: this is simple bread recipe, don’t be afraid to experiment and add your favourite extras 😉
1. Mix the flour and kefir together. Cover and let it soak.
2. Preheat the oven to appx 300°.
3. Grab a large bowl and mix together: sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, bananas and nuts.
4. Add the kefir and flour mixtures and blend together. Add baking soda and baking powder and mix together.
5. Pour into a bread pan and bake for about 1.5H – keep checking bread with toothpick. Its cooked when the toothpick comes out clean.